The importance of a properly optimized website can not be understated. When you simply toss a website online in the hopes of traffic finding you, they need to navigate the other million websites in your niche before they can find you. The more attention you place on SEO, the more you climb the organic search results in all the major search engines and attract targeted traffic.
Here is a simple blueprint for optimizing your website to get more organic traffic provided from Charleston SC SEO gurus over at onQsites.com;
1. Start with keywords, because this will be the life blood of all your efforts. Get this wrong, you sink in the ranks, but get it right and you see a steady growth in traffic. The key here is finding long-tail keywords that have very little in the way of competition but get a decent amount of global searches each month.
2. Never dump all those keywords you found on the homepage of your website and assume the search engines will easily find your content. In order to maximize your SEO efforts, you have to be willing to add fresh content daily that is centered around your keywords. Choose one, write an article, upload, repeat tomorrow.
3. Find the meta fields in your website in the admin section and be sure to fill them all out correctly. This means the meta title, description, and keywords, must match the content on that specific page. Get this right and the search engine spiders will crawl your pages more easily and then index and rank them often.
4. The home page of your website is where you have to spend a considerable amount of time in your SEO efforts. Since the majority of traffic will be landing on that page, move the most relevant content above the fold, eliminate clutter, and be sure your navigation bar gets them to where they need to go is the fewest possible clicks.
5. Social media is all the rage right now, so in addition to posting links to your new articles on those platforms, be sure you have social buttons installed on your website. New traffic may be so impressed with content they want to share it with their audience, and in one click you get exposed to a global audience. This can play out several times a day if you are adding relevant content readers want to see.
These are very powerful SEO tips that will start bringing in more targeted traffic each day in growing numbers.